Thursday, September 10, 2009

About the Writing of Qualitative Dissertation Proposal

Kilbourn's (2006) publication on Teachers College Record helps me better organize my understandings of the writing of a dissertation proposal. As a graduate student interested in English literacy, I am relatively familiar with various teaching methods and writing styles in English. However, I need to be conscious of the style of academic writing: straightforward, succinct, and coherent. Qualitative dissertation requires very high-quality writing skills, which is the main reason I want to keep my written inquiry going here. This blog site will witness my reflective writing journey. It will also record my on-going growth in understanding the education field in the U.S., the teaching and learning in English literacy, as well as my "joyous and tortured" journey of doctoral dissertation.



No comments: